Need to wipe 1Password from my Mac and reinstall it without removing the vault from iCloud

DominikHoffmann
DominikHoffmann
Community Member

I have found a couple of pages with instructions on how to wipe 1Password from my Mac. I am uncertain, however, how to do so in a manner that leaves the vault in iCloud intact, so that, when I reinstall it, it becomes fully functional again.

What should I do?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DominikHoffmann,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Would you be able to let us know a bit more about what you're trying to accomplish, or perhaps what sort of problem you're running into? The reason I ask is because "how to wipe 1Password from my Mac" could mean a few different things, and I'm not sure exactly which of those things you're asking about, or if it will help fix the issue. Can you also please let us know what instructions you're referring to? Any other details you can give us about what's happening (or not happening?) with 1Password on your Mac will be helpful for us.

Thanks in advance! :)

• DominikHoffmann
    DominikHoffmann
    Community Member

Yesterday, I restored my wife’s MacBook Pro from a Time Machine backup that may not have been as complete as I had thought. When opening the 1Password app, there are no password items there. However, using the Safari extension, 1Password does present those login items relevant to the Safari page that’s open, but the all the other logins are missing there, as well.

I was looking to wipe out 1Password, before installing it from scratch, thinking the new install would pick up the vault from iCloud.

The instructions for removing 1Password I looked at, were at https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/ .

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DominikHoffmann,

I think the quickest way to get to a resolution here is to take a closer look at your system to see where things are getting tangled up. It looks like you might have multiple versions of 1Password installed (which is why you're seeing your data in 1Password mini but not in the main app.)

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your wife's MacBook Pro:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• DominikHoffmann
    DominikHoffmann
    Community Member

I have been able to get the Diagnostic Report. Mailing it in generated the Support ID MCJ-49855-546.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.
    ref: MCJ-49855-546

This discussion has been closed.