Feature Request: Custom category templates

kevinSuttle
kevinSuttle
Community Member

I love the categories that ship with 1PW, but sometimes I find myself wanting different categories.

API info

• keys
  • client secret
  • client_id
  • project name, etc.

These would be handy to have integration with https://www.getpostman.com/ etc.

Devices

• TouchID? - Whose fingerprint?
  • UUID
  • etc

Cars

• VIN
  • Registration
  • Insurance (link to an existing item -- another feature request :} )
  • Make, model, year, etc

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-8 (650008)
Extension Version: 4.5.8.1 Beta
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5 (15F34)
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevinSuttle: Thanks for the suggestion! It's definitely an interesting idea we'd like to pursue in the future, but I can't say when that might be possible, given the format 1Password uses. But perhaps in the future we'll find a way to make 1Password data more flexible...without breaking things. In the mean time, Secure Notes are really useful for "miscellaneous" information that doesn't fit neatly into one of 1Password's other templates:

AgileBits Blog | Secure all the things in Secure Notes

I hope this helps. Thanks again for the feedback! :)

• Thraxmanius
    Thraxmanius
    Community Member

I too would like to be able to create some form of template, for example I would like to create a template that already includes data such as date purchased, attached files etc, etc.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your interest in this, @Thraxmanius. Hopefully the blog post brenty mentioned has tips you'll find useful right now. Also, adding tags to customized secure notes (and other items) can help identify and organize them.

PS: I've moved this discussion over to the Mac category since it's not specific to beta builds of 1Password for Mac.

This discussion has been closed.