Syncing 1pwd across 2 macs

DrStir
DrStir
Community Member

1pwd wasn't syncing between my desktop and laptop Macs. I found the problem - the laptop was trying to sync via iCloud and the desktop via dropbox. I want to sync via dropbox as this is the most up-to-date file, but I want to be sure I don't lose any data. If I change the sync preference to dropbox on the laptop, can I be sure it won't overwrite the most recent dropbox file created via my desktop Mac?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 on desktop and 6.3 on MacBook
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5 on desktop and 10.11.4 on MacBook
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrStir

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and Syncing, it can be tricky!

You can be reassured that your data won't be overwritten. When you sync two vaults with different items 1Password will keep everything. If you Sync your vaults they will be merged, so you actually are in risk of having a few duplicate items, but not of losing any. There is no automatic way to delete the duplicates, so you'll have to check them by hand. Even if it sounds annoying, this is to ensure nothing you needed ever gets lost!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• DrStir
    DrStir
    Community Member

Thanks Pilar. That seemed to work fine.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrStir,

I’m so glad to hear that Pilar was able to help you get things sorted out!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.