How can I get 1PW to fill in the capital one login

1PW will not fill in the password on the capital one login page. I have re-entered the info several times. Capital one does seem to use 2 different sites---login1 and login2 I am using 1PW on an iPad mini using Safari

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1PW will not fill in capital one login

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @jimnotechie. I have a Capital One account myself. Personally, I generally use their excellent iOS apps, but the homepage should work with 1Password. The screen you see when you've been logged out, though, presents the sign in form in an iframe, which we can't currently work with on iOS. We have some enhancement requests open with Apple that would help in this area. In the future, we may further explore this, but there are significant security concerns with iframes, both for the iframe accessing data from the top frame and the top page accessing data from the iframe. Right now, this isn't something we're working on, but we hope to explore it more down the road.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jimnotechie
    jimnotechie
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the Capital One app, but I still have to enter the password manually.

• SkipD
    SkipD
    Community Member

For web sites like Capitol One, I use two separate entries in 1Password - one for the login name and another for the password. I've found that after clicking on the 1Password macro for the login name I have to wait for the page to progress to the password page and then after clicking on the macro for the password I have to wait for the page to accept it and take me to their main menu page. Clicking on "Continue" on the Capitol One pages ruins the sequence.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the Capital One app, but I still have to enter the password manually.

@jimnotechie: Indeed. While we offer a 1Password extension for iOS, it isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste.

However, we have a website devoted to the 1Password extension for developers, so be sure to let them know you'd like them to add support for it and point them in our direction. We're always happy to help them join the ranks of apps that support the 1Password iOS extension!

For web sites like Capitol One, I use two separate entries in 1Password - one for the login name and another for the password. I've found that after clicking on the 1Password macro for the login name I have to wait for the page to progress to the password page and then after clicking on the macro for the password I have to wait for the page to accept it and take me to their main menu page. Clicking on "Continue" on the Capitol One pages ruins the sequence.

@SkipD: That's a neat workaround! Personally, I tend to use the CapitalOne site on a computer since it isn't the most mobile-friendly. Their app isn't bad, and Touch ID is a big help when it comes to dulling the pain of lack of 1Password support. Cheers! :)

• SkipD
    SkipD
    Community Member

I can't figure out how to "quote" a post here, but this is in regard to my previous post (two up from here). The solution I suggested for Capitol One Bank login is for a PC rather than a mobile device.

Also - how can one "quote" a post for replies in this forum?

Thanks.

Skip

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SkipD: Ah, thanks for clarifying! You can "quote" text by putting a > (greater than) sign at the beginning of the line. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.