I have 2 problems with password6. First is Honeywell Total Connect2 and Hikvison Camera software.

Total Connect 2 and all hikvision software will not invoke password 6. These are important security programs and I am very disappointed that password cannot handle these. I hope you have a work around for them.
Thanks John

1Password Version: 6.3.1(631001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC El Capitan 10.11.5 & W7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:hikvision

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @jws338,

I can't say I've heard of either. When you say we can't handle them are you wanting 1Password to interact with the actual application residing on your Mac or are we talking about a login page to access a cloud-based account?

If we're talking about the 1Password Browser Extension failing to fill a login page could you let us know the URLs please.

If we're talking about 1Password interacting with another OS X application then unfortunately there isn't a workaround, we simply don't/can't right now. That isn't to say that we won't consider taking advantage of any operating system feature that comes our way but my understanding is this will be platform specific.

If I'm misunderstanding the query please do correct me :smile:

• jws338
    jws338
    Community Member

I am sorry for confusing you. After filling in login info ip6 does not pop up to capture the password. For Total control the url is https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnect2/#/ This is on a macbook pro laptop

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @jws338

Thank you for giving us the URL that is not working. It seems like 1Password has some trouble recognising this page as a login page. I have added your report to our issue tracker, I hope it gets resolved. Do you have the URL for the other site that you mention? that would be very helpful for us! :chuffed:

ref: BRAIN-260

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jws338,

Thank you for the URL. I'm not surprised that Pilar's findings match yours as when I visited the page I found the entire login process is a large Flash object. Unfortunately 1Password cannot interact with Flash at all, either for saving or filling - my understanding is there simply isn't any form of API to allow us like we do when interacting with the browser and standard HTML page. So for Total Connect 2 you will sadly be limited to manually creating a login item from inside the main 1Password window and copy and pasting the details over when you need to log in.

So the outlook for Total Connect 2 isn't good. I don't know if they offer a mobile interface that doesn't rely on Flash but that might be a possibility. Hopefully we can offer better news for hikvision.

This discussion has been closed.