How do I reactivate my license "...has been downloaded too many times and has been deactivated"

brv2
brv2
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Mac

I purchased 1Password through iTunes in March 2015 and have a copy of that receipt. Since I purchased the software I played with experimented with it features, but never got comfortable with it.
I have resolved to learn how to use 1Password (1Password; Version 6.3.1 (631005); Mac App Store) and discovered I had not registered the product with Agilebits? . When I attempted to register the software I received the message (along with my license number) "...has been downloaded too many times and has been deactivated. Please contact support@agilebits.com to reactivate." When i went to the support website I did not see how to reactivate my license rather I was directed to uninstall 1Password. It was not a direct answer to my question so I felt to contact the forum for any advice you may have.

Many thanks,

I upgraded version 6 and have successfully registered the product.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do I reactivate, I wanted to register it and received a message "...has been downloaded too many times and has been deactivated"

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @brv2,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for the trouble.

I reset the download count for you, so you should be able to download the license one last time. Once you download it and apply it to 1Password, you don't need to keep downloading it. 1Password will store it for you and register itself next time. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

UPDATE: I just saw your email in our inbox. I will be replying to your email. Then we'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion. No need to reply here in the forum. :)
    ref: RSK-46184-753

This discussion has been closed.