How do I merge two vaults already existing on one computer using 1Password 6.3.1?

saltenberg
saltenberg
Community Member

I have followed these directions twice. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/40632/need-to-merge-vaults

Both times at the end I get a warning that there is a sync problem. In the warning window there is a clickable link "Fix." When I click it I am taken back to the preferences window with no further information.

I'm running on Mac OS 10.10.5

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:merge vaults 1password 6

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @saltenberg,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Let's set aside that other discussion for a moment, since the instructions there were for someone else with a situation that may not mirror your own.

Could you tell me a bit more about your setup?

• Where are the vaults?
    • Are they agilekeychain or opvault files in your Dropbox folder?
    • Are they both already showing up in the vault switcher in 1Password?

• Or is one of them in the vault switcher and one is a file in your Dropbox folder (or elsewhere on your Mac)?

We'll get it sorted out for you. :)

• saltenberg
    saltenberg
    Community Member

They both show in the vault switcher and are opvault files.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @saltenberg

If both of the vaults tat you are trying to merge show in the vault switcher it means that you only need to move the items to the right vault. I will call the vaults 1 and 2 so things are clearer, it doesn't really matter what order you pick. On Vault 2, press Command + A to select all your items. Then right click on the items, go to Share > Vault 1 > Move. And you're done! All your items are merged together in vault 1. If you had the same item on both of the vaults, you will have some duplicates that you'll have to sort out by hand.

Please let us know how this goes for you, if you bump into any issue, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.