is there a possibility for iCloud sync between 1P 4 and 1P6

zsoltmag
zsoltmag
Community Member

I have 1Password 4 on Maverick and 1Password 6 on El Captain. Is there a way to sync over iCloud?
Thanks
Zsolt

1Password Version: 4 and 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Maverick and El Captain
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password 4 and 1password 6 sync

Comments

• Hi @zsoltmag ,

The iCloud sync method that 1Password 4 used is no longer available. 1Password 6 uses CloudKit to sync which Apple did not provide until OS X Yosemite. I recommend using Dropbox to sync between 1Password 4 and 6.

Regards,
    Kevin

• zsoltmag
    zsoltmag
    Community Member

Thanks for a quick reply, due to company policy the only cloud service allowed is iCloud, so Dropbox is not an option. Is there a way to make the 1P files appear in iCloud on Maverick so I can sync using local file option?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zsoltmag,

iCloud has been through a lot of changes since Apple introduced the service. Unfortunately if you’re using multiple versions of 1Password and multiple versions of the operating system, iCloud is not going to be an option here. Dropbox really is our most flexible sync solution (outside of 1Password Families and 1Password for Teams) so, if your sync options at work are restricted, I would recommend using Folder Sync with a USB drive to keep your data up to date on your work computer.

This discussion has been closed.