Feedback on frozen accounts

Options
ChaconC
ChaconC
Community Member

I noticed the recent 6.4b1 mentioned better handling of frozen accounts, and I was finally able to test out a frozen account.

Things I liked:

• The frozen icon stands out from local vault
  • The frozen account window provides clear information, option to read more is good.
  • Adding a frozen account immediately offers information
  • Being frozen doesn't interfere with Primary Vault items

Not so much:

• I can't read the frozen account info until I touch...something? Sure, it comes up when I try to do something I've been locked out from (like editing or fav-ing) but a semipermanent Snackbar and a link in Settings would be helpful.
  • 1Password keyboard doesn't allow selecting an item, but I can press the info icon and copy the password. If you are going to disable the convenience of the keyboard, might as well disable the info button from the keyboard.
  • From 'All Vaults' I can press the 'Add' button and it's not immediately clear what's going to happen. What will probably happen is something along the lines of "I thought this was disabled, but it added it on my phone but it's not on my "

That last point was with a default installation, where the app selected the "Primary Vault" as the vault for saving.

Nitpicking and a bit pedantic, but the Help page and in-app popup for Frozen accounts says "Fill items in your browser" but the keyboard is usable in other places, not just browsers. Maybe change the wording in app to "Fill items with the keyboard" and website "Automatically fill items" or similar.

1Password Version: 6.4b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ChaconC, that's wonderfully detailed feedback! I'm sure someone from the AgileBits team will be along soon to acknowledge and direct your feedback to the Android team.

I'm curious, did you have any glitches when you first upgraded to this beta? I had a couple of quirky things happen the first time I started the app, but they went away on the second launch and haven't come back.

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, no problems upgrading from the previous beta or from a clean install.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

The glitches I experienced must have been something specific to my device, then. Perhaps something to do with the Android N Beta.

• peri
    Options

Hey @ChaconC. Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that you liked the frozen account icon and info. :)

I can't read the frozen account info until I touch...something? Sure, it comes up when I try to do something I've been locked out from (like editing or fav-ing) but a semipermanent Snackbar and a link in Settings would be helpful.

The account frozen notification is set to pop up when you're interacting with the frozen account. This way there's no annoying persistent notifications when you're just using your Primary vault. I'll let the team know you'd appreciate a notification in the Settings menu as well.

1Password keyboard doesn't allow selecting an item, but I can press the info icon and copy the password. If you are going to disable the convenience of the keyboard, might as well disable the info button from the keyboard.

With a frozen account, we limit it to read-only. This means that you can still access, view, and copy your data, but you can't fill, add or edit. So while you're still able to access your passwords from 1Password, even through the keyboard, you're not able to use automatic or manual filling. You can still view your passwords that way, like you mentioned. This way, you can reveal and type your password or copy if necessary without having to exit the keyboard, launch the main app, and search again.

From 'All Vaults' I can press the 'Add' button and it's not immediately clear what's going to happen. What will probably happen is something along the lines of "I thought this was disabled, but it added it on my phone but it's not on my "

If you tap Settings > Vaults, you should see a Vault for saving specified. So when you go to add a new item, it will be added to whatever vault is specified there. If you happen to have a frozen vault set at the default for saving, the floating action button will be grayed out, so that you will be prevented from adding an item. If you're able to add an item, it means you're adding to an active account or Primary local vault.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    Options

If you tap Settings > Vaults, you should see a Vault for saving specified. So when you go to add a new item, it will be added to whatever vault is specified there. If you happen to have a frozen vault set at the default for saving, the floating action button will be grayed out, so that you will be prevented from adding an item. If you're able to add an item, it means you're adding to an active account or Primary local vault.

I know and I tested that. What I'm saying is that its not obvious and it can lead to poor user experience for less technical users.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the clarification! I'll pass this along to our documentation team. :)

This discussion has been closed.