1password data in dropbox looks different - can't actually see it

oneillmm
oneillmm
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Mac

I have been synching between devices (MAC, iPhone, iPad) and sharing vaults with my husband who has the same set up for over a year with no problems. Recently it seemed the synch was not working and I could not figure out how to sort it, so I just disabled the synch, deleted existing data in dropbox and started over. Now when I look at my 1password file in dropbox, I can't actually open it. I just get a strange file shaped icon - when I click on it nothing happens. It used to open to an html type version of 1password. The synch is working correctly again though - but just can't view in dropbox. Also it seems that it somehow may have switched to opvault from agile keychain?? Anyway not sure this is a problem but just thought it was very strange and I did not understand. Could not find reference to this in any article. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opvault in dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @oneillmm,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I’m sorry for the confusion here.

Also it seems that it somehow may have switched to opvault from agile keychain??

If you recently reset sync, then yes, it’s possible your data was switched from the 1Password.agilekeychain format to the 1Password.opvault format. In 1Password 6 for Mac, the OPVault format was made the default for all newly created vaults. There was no migration for existing sync files, so your file in Dropbox remained in the Agile Keychain format until you reset sync.

You can learn about the OPVault data format in our support pages:

OPVault Design

It used to open to an html type version of 1password.

It sounds like you’re talking about 1PasswordAnywhere. Unfortunately this feature is no longer available, even if your data is still in the Agile Keychain format. You can read more about this change in this post from our Founder, Dave:

Moving Beyond 1PasswordAnywhere

I hope this helps to explain things. It sounds to me like your sync is working well, but if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know - we’re always happy to help!

• oneillmm
    oneillmm
    Community Member

Okay - thanks that is very helpful. Wasn't actually causing me a problem - but since it looked different thought that perhaps I broke something when I set it up again.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Megan, you're very welcome! Glad to hear it's working well for you, and sorry for the confusion. You definitely didn't do anything wrong!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.