Display of categories: OS X client vs. web interface

user0
user0
Community Member

The web "client' displays only categories that are populated with items.

The MacOS/OS X client displays seemingly random categories even when they contain no items (example: "Credit Cards" and "Identities"). Other categories do not show up in the OS X client even when populated with items ("Password" for instance).

This is a bit disconcerting and annoying.

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@user0,

1Password for Mac always displays the primary categories even if they are empty. This was initially done to give folks a sense of what they can add to get started. We may very well change this in a future update (in either the app or on 1Password.com) so they more closely align. Apologies if you found it disconcerting or annoying. I'll pass your feedback along to the team!

• user0
    user0
    Community Member

As far as feedback, I'd personally prefer only populated categories to automatically show up in the left pane. It reduces clutter. I'd think/hope that a new user would rapidly gain awareness of what they can add the first time they click the "+" button and a full list of available categories pops up.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it! I'd be happy to send that along to our developers. I can't make any promises about if/when we might make that change, but it's certainly an interesting idea, and one I hadn't thought about before.

If you need anything else, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.