Multiple 1password accounts causing me to have login problems

tkitch23
tkitch23
Community Member

It looks like I created an old 1Password account that I forgot about. Today I created a new account and the system is having problems logging me in due to the multiple accounts

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple 1Password accounts in error causing login issues

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hello @tkitch23 ,
    Sadly, your lack of details makes it difficult for anyone to be able to help you.
    The following information would help decide how find a solution for your login problems:

• Did you originally download 1Password from the Apple App-Store or from AgileBits?
    You may not remember, so
    1) Do you have an archived email from AgileBits with a serial number?
    2) If you log in to the Apple App-Store and search for 1Password, do you get the info that you already have a license?

1Password "Accounts" are relatively new and are for 1Password Families and Teams.
    Did you perhaps synchronise your older data with the iCloud or with Dropbox?

• Check your iCloud Drive or Dropbox folder for anything that mentions AgileBits or 1Password.
    If you find mention of these, then please try the following instructions to synchronise with your old data.

Should you still be unable to sync your vaults, please fill us in with the missing information and explain exactly what is happening/what messages you receive.

I hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tkitch23

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. I hope we can get it all cleared up! You have created an account and purchased a license, these are two different products. In one hand, you can have an account with a 1Password Families subscription. In this case your data is stored on our servers and therefore available everywhere. In this case, the latest version of all the apps is included. The other option is to get a standalone license, this means that your data is stored locally and you need to set up syncing by yourself. This will help you see the differences between them: https://1password.com/pricing/ You have the one on the right.

Right now you're running a trial version of 1Password Families, if you want to continue using a license then you can just let your account lapse. If you want to stick with 1Password Families you can get a refund for the license and add your card on your account.

Please let us know which of these two options looks best for you so we can help you get all set up wit the one you pick! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.