Trying to Sync 2 Macs in iCloud

mhonig
mhonig
Community Member

I have 2 iMACs, both running current versions of OS X and 1Password 6. I also have an iPhone 6 and a iPad. Until now, I have been using the wifi Sync, which works with the main iMac and both iOS devices. However, the other iMac has different information and doesn't sync with wifi. I read that a solution is to use iCloud. I went to change my iMac sync to iCloud, but it told me that there was another vault in iCloud (from 2014) and asked if I wanted to merge. I really didn't want to, and went into iCloud drive and deleted anything that had 1Password or Agile in its name, but the problem persisted. I finally decided to try the merge, but I don't remember the password for that vault and thus can't even merge them. Any suggestions on how I can find the 2014 vault and delete it so that I can sync with iCloud?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhonig,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you want to just clear the data from iCloud and sync your data fresh, from the Help menu, choose Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. Then you should be able to start syncing with iCloud with no problem. :)

Let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.