Damaged. Re-Downloaded. Now Master PW is a FAIL. HELP!

jeffwcbs
jeffwcbs
Community Member

I bought 1password direct from AgileBits. I sync my Mac via iCloud w my 1Password/iphone. The problem is with the Mac OS 10.10 using 1P 6.21. Today I got the message:

"“1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store."

I moved it to the trash, rebooted, and downloaded from the AgileBits site.

Now my Master Password does NOT work on the Mac. (My 1P/iphone password does work). I have tried every iteration of the password, and my 3 recent passwords, and none work.

I previously had an issue with 1Password and 1Password Mini using different Master Passwords. I've simply worked around.

How to do get 1P to work on this Mac? I'm ready to tear this thing apart. I'm frozen from my logins!

Thanks,
Jeff

1Password Version: 6.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi @jeffwcbs ,
    I can understand your frustration, if 1Password is not working. We get to rely on it and then, one day, we receive an unexpected error …
    Your explanation sounds as if you originally downloaded 1Password from the Apple App-Store and now you downloaded again from the AgileBits store. As these are two separate sources, you can't swap out the apps.
    If your original download was from the Apple App-Store, then you must reload 1Password from there.

However, something that caught my attention was your comment:

I previously had an issue with 1Password and 1Password Mini using different Master Passwords. I've simply worked around.

Do you have multiple Apple IDs? If so, your shared data can only be linked with one ID.
    If you are downloading from the Apple App-Store, please make sure that you use the same ID to download each version of 1Password that you wish to synchronise.

I hope that this helps. However, if you have further questions, a member of the AgileBits staff will awake from his (or her) slumbers soon.
    Cheers,
    Rob

• jeffwcbs
    jeffwcbs
    Community Member

Thanks for the detailed explanation. There was an issue with an Apple ID change that was only sorted out after multiple lengthy phone conversations with Apple. I do think we bought the software from AgileBits right before it moved to the Apple Store (v 4).

Tinkering has let me to "start over" (from the help menu)-- and sync with a recent, but not quite current version of 1P lurking in iCloud. Not quite perfect, but I'll call this one a success.

Thank you for taking the time to offer detailed help!
    Jeff

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

@jeffwcbs I'm glad you were able to sort the problem out. I'm happy to help.
    If you should have any further questions, don't hesitate to return to the forum to make enquiries — there's always someone around to help.
    Cheers,
    Rob

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeffwcbs

I'm sorry to hear that you bumped into some trouble with 1Password, but I'm glad to hear that rjh was able to help! It sounds like you might have multiple copies of 1Password installed on your computer, this sometimes causes problems like the ones you describe. You can search on applications to see if there are multiple copies of 1Password in your computer, and delete the extra ones. If you keep on having trouble with this or need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask, we are always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.