How do I disable the popup that tells me to get the browser extension?

msimms01
msimms01
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Mac

Popups are rude and extremely annoying. Stop asking me to install the extension every few times I open a browser or I will uninstall 1Password completely.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:get the browser extension

Comments

• msimms01
    msimms01
    Community Member

BTW, the only options the pop gives me are "Install Now" or "Remind Me Later". How about "Never Ask Me Again"?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @msimms01,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

You shouldn't be prompted over and over again if you've declined. Would you mind letting me know what version of 1Password you are using? And could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing and attach it to your reply?

If there is a bug, we definitely want to get it fixed.

• msimms01
    msimms01
    Community Member

The problem is that the only options are "Install" or "Remind Me". If I select "Remind Me" then it's going to prompt me again. I don't want to select "Install" either. My point is that you need to provide a third option: "Never ask me again". This isn't a bug so much as it is a user interface design issue. No one ever considered that someone might not ever want to install the browser extension.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @msimms01,

I apologize that this is frustrating for you. I’d be happy to pass your feedback along to our developers. Is it possible to provide your version information, just to make sure that we’re all on the same page here?

Also, if you have a moment, I’m curious to learn a bit more about how you use 1Password. Personally, the browser extension is one of my favourite features of the app, because it does the filling of my ridiculously long passwords in on websites. I find it to be a huge time saver. Of course, everyone has a different workflow, and you’re not required to use the browser extension to make use of 1Password. I’m just intrigued, that’s all.

This discussion has been closed.