Upgraded and got new license. Now 1pass has a '?' and won't open. This sucks.

lesliecaplan
lesliecaplan
Community Member

I upgraded to get a new license key. Now, I can't even open 1 password. It has a '?' over it in my dock. This is extremely annoying, as has been much of my experience with this product. I can't tell you version bc it won't open. OSX 10.11.15

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hfhgf

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@lesliecaplan all you should need to do to fix the problem is to drag the old icon out of the dock until the icon disappears and then drag the new 1Password app file to the dock from your Applications folder.

Stephen

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@lesliecaplan,

As Stephen mentioned, you'll want to drag any incorrect copy of the 1Password icon out of your Dock to remove it from your Dock.

Are you able to open 1Password from your Applications folder? If so, just drag that copy of 1Password to your dock as Stephen also mentioned.

If not, you may need to download a fresh copy of 1Password. Since there was a typo in the version of OS X you provided — 10.11.15 is not a version that exists — could you confirm for me the version of OS X you are running? If you are running an older version of OS X, you may need an older version of 1Password. (Of course, if you simply meant 10.11.5, the you should be all set to use the latest version of 1Password.)

Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.