Syncing between Mac and android phone

Options
pdubya
pdubya
Community Member

I have just set up an account, so I'm still in the beginning to learn state. I'd like to add my droid phone, and I have downloaded the app. When it gets to the state of "where is your data", the choices are Dropbox, Wifi and local storage. I'd like to use wifi, but when I open Preferences while in the app on my Mac, there is NO option for Wifi, as shown in all the help pages I can find. I'm stopped at this point since Wifi isn't even a choice on my desktop app. Help!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OS 1011.5
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @pdubya ,
    I'm sorry to hear that your having problems with the AgileBits terminology.

If you wish to use 1Password to synchronise via WiFi, you don't need to set up an account. Accounts are for 1Password Families/Teams.
    Instead, you need to access the 'Sync' tab of 1Password's Settings on your Mac and choose 'Folder'.
    The folder you choose will then be used to sync your data.

Once you have set up your Mac to sync to a specific folder, you can repeat the process on your Android device.

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, don't hesitate to return here to ask.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• pdubya
    pdubya
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the sync option available, either.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pdubya

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. I deleted the second screen shot to be on the side of extra security, I hope you don't mind :chuffed: I also moved your post to the Families category so the right people will be able to see it and we'll be able to help you better.

If you have an account then you don't need to set up syncing, just add your account on your Android device. You don't need to worry about Dropbox or Wifi, everything will be done automatically. To add your account you only need to follow the steps here: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data under android.

Please let us know how this goes for you and if all your data is back in place!

• pdubya
    pdubya
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the info! I have it all set up correctly, now, I think!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pdubya

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that the your data is now available on all your devices! I hope everything goes smoothly for you from here, but if you bump into any problem just let us know and we'll be happy to help you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.