I am trying so desperately to change my Master Password

Virginia
Virginia
Community Member

I have tried everything I can think of. I am not a family or a team, so I only have a license, and I can't seem to find anywhere to login to 1Password. I don't know what the hell to do and I HAVE to change my master password because I think it has been compromised. HELP! How do I change my Master Password!?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi @Virginia ,

It would be good to know why you think your 1Password has been compromised?
    Does someone else have access to your computer or your iCloud/Dropbox account?

When you open 1Password', it will automatically ask you to log in.
    Your Master Password should open the app.

If the local copy of 1Password has not been altered, since you last logged in, changing your Master Password in 1Password is pretty simple:
    • Call up your preferences either via the 1Password menu or with Command+, (comma)
    • Go to the tab "Security"
    • Click "Change Password"

That should do the trick.
    However, if you still have questions, or if you can confirm that your data has been compromised there will always be someone around to suggest a solution.
    Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Virginia
    Virginia
    Community Member

Thank you. Stupid, for some reason, I had in my mind I had to do this from my 1password account and there seemed to be no way on! Thank you again. Virginia

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @Virginia , Not at all stupid, simply a mistake that could happen to anyone!
    I'm glad we got the problem sorted out — and if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask a "stupid" question, there's always someone around to help.
    Cheers,
    Rob

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Virginia

I'm glad to see that rjh was able to give you such a good help! I'm very sorry for the confusion and frustration with the different ways in which 1Password can work, I know it can be tricky. We are doing our best to clear it up on our documentation, but we still have some work to do about it. If you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask, we are always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.