Upgraded to El Capitain & from 1Pass 3 to 1Pass6 -- Passwords were not Restored

bethanyg
bethanyg
Community Member

More than a little frustrated at the moment....

I just upgraded from OSX 10.7.5 to OSX 10.11.5, and from 1Pass3 (I think) to 1Pass6 - using the "update" feature from the Apple App Store (which is the very last time I trust it!). When 1Pass6 launched, none of my passwords had been restored.

I have a set of backup files from the last version of 1password located at:

~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups/[date](number of items).agilekeychain_zip

..but I cannot navigate to them with either the 'restore' window or the 'import' window in 1password6 -- even though I have hidden files displayed system wide, and can see the directories in both the Finder and the terminal. Even when I attempted to copy one of the files into

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4s2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/

....it wasn't visible or selectable. I also tried the desktop, to no avail.

I am now going to try a formal export from the old version of the app on the OSX10.7.5 backup I have - but I want to know why the backups on my current system aren't working - and why 1pass6 didn't find the data file. Any insight you can lend would be great. Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Pass3 & 1Pass6
Extension Version: None
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: None

Comments

• bethanyg
    bethanyg
    Community Member

I was able to create an export file from the older version of the application running on my backup of the old OS, and was able to import that file into 1Password from there. But at no time were the .agilekeychain_zip backup files useable. I even tried resetting the app (deleting the vault) and trying to do an import from the start screen -- but my file type was not readable. Glad the import worked -- but wow. That was a shock I didn't need. ;-)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bethanyg

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad time when upgrading 1Password! I'm very sorry for the scare, but I'm glad to hear it all turned out alright for you. I hope that now that you are on the latest version of 1Password and OS everything goes well for you. If you bump into any more trouble or have any other questions that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.