Questions from a Non-Technical User

username1234567890
username1234567890
Community Member

I'm sorry if these question sound dumb, yet I'm not a very technical user:

I just downloaded the 1Password 30-day trial and I'm trying to import my OS X El Capitan Keychain. I've done a lot of Google Searching for an answer on how to do this, and found the Mr. C script that states "This script assumes you already know scripting and are a Power User" (I'm neither of these). From what I've read, the Mr. C script is the only way to bulk import from the OS X Keychain.

Since I don't know how to write scripts, would I be better served by just manually entering all my usernames and passwords (around 50) into 1Password? When my 30-day trial expires, and I purchase 1Password, will I need to create a new 1Password Vault - will my trial Vault stop working?

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions.

Comments

• Hi @username1234567890 ,

Mr C's script is the only way to do it in bulk. It requires using system permissions via the command line that 1Password is not allowed to use. If you want to give it a try, see this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/48565/how-do-i-import-safari-password-keychain-logins-to-1password

However, if you do not want to do that, what I recommend doing is, well, just install 1Password and use the web as you normally do. As you log in to sites, fill it with the Safari autofill feature, then 1Password will ask you to save it. Click Save and it will be added. Then as you use the web, 1Password will gradually receive login information.

And to confirm, you trial vault will not stop working. When you purchase, a license will be added to 1Password and your trial vault will become your default Primary vault.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reply if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.