Feature request: show weakest / oldest passwords

Options
jtessier
jtessier
Community Member

Hello all,

I've been using 1Password on my devices for quite a time now. As time has progressed and my security awareness (some might say paranoia) has increased, so has the length and complexity of my password. I'd love to be able to find which of my accounts has weaker password than my current standard (15 characters with symbols, etc) without having to go thru them one by one and checking what the password is. I could then start with my most vulnerable accounts and upgrade them. It would be great even to just have a filter for length and show me all accounts with passwords less then for instance 8 characters long. After I changed those, I'd re-filter the list for ones that were less than 9 characters long and so on. Maybe in conjunction with this there could be a way to filter on passwords that were changed least recently for those that want to change their passwords every so often. These are just some ideas that would let people be more secure without having to dig thru all their login data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jtessier,

It’s great to hear that you’ve been enjoying 1Password so far, and that you’re working on strengthening your password database!

We do have a Security Audit feature available for 1Password on Mac and Windows - are you using 1Password on any computers other than your mobile devices?

• jtessier
    jtessier
    Community Member
    Options

I do use it on both my Mac and PC but mostly that's just so the passwords I use get synced to those computers. 95%+ of my usage is from my iPhone. I almost didn't post this until I checked the apps to see if such a feature already existed but I decided I'd rather post and find out it's already there then wait and possibly forgot about posting it. Thanks for the response, I'll see what the Audit feature can do for me.

John

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi John ( @jtessier ),

The Security Audit in the desktop version of 1Password seems like exactly what you’re looking for - I hope it helps! If you have any other questions or concerns about 1Password, we’re here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.