How can I see my passwords without a familes or teams account?

Options
becthomas001
becthomas001
Community Member

I downloaded 1Password a year or two ago and use it every few months when I need it. I just went to log on for the first time in a while and it's now saying I need to sign into a families or teams account or create a new vault. I must have had the free trial all that time but was never warned that it would no longer be free. I just want access to my account without having to upgrade, because I had a lot of passwords stored in there.
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @becthomas001,

I apologize for the confusion! 1Password accounts are a new way of using 1Password that we recently introduced. You can still use 1Password the way you always have, simply accessing your information with your Master Password. However, if you’re being prompted to sign in to an account, it looks like you’re seeing the new user flow of 1Password.

Have you recently reinstalled the app?

If so, were you syncing your passwords using Dropbox or iCloud prior to reinstalling the app?

• becthomas001
    becthomas001
    Community Member
    Options

I did recently reinstall it. I'm not sure how I was syncing it, I was just adding passwords in manually.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @becthomas001,

Unfortunately, if you weren’t syncing your data outside of the app, then any passwords and data that you had stored in the app would have been deleted when you reinstalled the app.

How recently did you do the reinstall? Do you regularly back up your device to iCloud?

• becthomas001
    becthomas001
    Community Member
    Options

Not regularly enough, no. Lesson learned I suppose! Thanks for the help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @becthomas001,

I’m so sorry to hear that! If you’re using 1Password on only one device, I strongly recommend setting up iCloud or Dropbox sync so that you have a copy of your data stored somewhere other than your device.

If you’d prefer to keep your data only on your device, you also have the option to create backups that can be restored through iTunes if you do need to reinstall 1Password again in the future.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.