I can't add a second line to my address

NiBr
NiBr
Community Member

1Password does not let me add a second line to my UK address for village. Is there any way I can do this?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @NiBr ,
    Sorry to see you having problems entering your identity in 1Password.
    While you are correct that the options for entering an address 'only' offer five line including the Post Code (which, for some reson is labeled 'ZIP'), you can add your village separated by a comma from the town:

Your address will be submitted to online forms perfectly correctly.
    The other option would be to add a field of your own for 'Village' (see above), however, please be aware that it can not be integrated into your address and will not be submitted online, as your field tag will not be recognised by browsers.

I hope this helps, but feel free to submit any further questions – the folks around here are always happy to help.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• NiBr
    NiBr
    Community Member

Thanks!

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

@NiBr You are most welcome — any time.
    Cheers,
    Rob

• Glad Rob was able to help! Thanks so much, Rob! If you have any further issues, feel free to reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• NiBr
    NiBr
    Community Member

I've found that this does not fill in address forms correctly where there is an address line 2, it just puts it all in the first line. It seems 1Password should have a second address line for this to operate correctly.

• Hi @NiBr ,

Yes, it would have to parse that data separately, and it also depends on how the web sites code their forms as well. Adding a second address line is part of it, but being able to detect that various formats web sites is the biggest challenge. However, we do have a request open with the development team to investigate and improve this.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPX-225

• NiBr
    NiBr
    Community Member

Thanks. Chrome's built in autocomplete seems to do ok. Presumably that's open source...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NiBr,

Thanks for the suggestion! Our team is looking into ways to improve this in 1Password, I’ll be sure that they know you’re interested in this. :)

This discussion has been closed.