I need help figuring out why 1password for my Mac stays open despite the settings

mlmiles1
mlmiles1
Community Member

Central Problem:

My 1password stays open all the time unless I manually lock or close the app.

This is the version that I have:

1Password 6
Version 6.3.1 (631006)
AgileBits Store

This is a screenshot of my settings in Preferences:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2cwvqpiqw8zond/Screenshot 2016-07-19 08.45.17.png?dl=0

Can you help me with this, please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password desktop mac stays open

Comments

• Hi @mlmiles1,

Do you happen to have any software running that keeps your machine from going idle? Such as Caffeine?

Rudy

• mlmiles1
    mlmiles1
    Community Member

@rudy Nope. I'm not running anything like that. I am baffled.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mlmiles1,

Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• mlmiles1
    mlmiles1
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

@Megan I just emailed the diagnostic report. I hope that the email contains the information that you need.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mlmiles1

We have received your diagnostics report and we'll continue the conversation over email :chuffed:

ref: PWF-63523-219

• mlmiles1
    mlmiles1
    Community Member

@Pilar I followed the steps but my vault doesn't close automatically. For some reason, it stays open.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mlmiles1,

thanks for following up here! It will be easier to proceed with troubleshooting if we keep this conversation going directly via email. I’ll let Laura know that you’re still experiencing difficulty and she’ll send you some more information. Please reply to her email so we can keep this conversation in one place.

• mlmiles1
    mlmiles1
    Community Member

Fantastic! I will be on the lookout for her email.

Thank you, @Megan @LauraR

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mlmiles1,

:+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.