How can I copy my password after I reveal it while using either an iPad or iPhone?

Options
Nemasis
Nemasis
Community Member

I would like to be able to copy my password after I reveal it when using either an iPad or iPhone. I am an individual user only and not a member of a team. In prior versions, I was able to do this with no problems but that has since changed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I copy my revealed password?

Comments

• Nemasis
    Nemasis
    Community Member
    Options

I think I solved my dilemma. Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nemasis,

I’ve just tested here, and after tapping ‘Reveal’ on a password, you can tap the password again to bring up the menu and copy then.

Are you seeing something different? If so, please let me know which version of 1Password for iOS you’re using, just to make sure we’re on the same page. You can find your version information on the Settings page, below the ‘Recommend 1Password’ option.

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    Options

@Nemasis - pro tip: when in the list view (showing all your logins alphabetically), swipe to the right and it will show a "copy password" option. Press that and it is on your clipboard.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cwanja,

Thanks for sharing! That’s one of my favourite time-saving features on iOS. :)

• Nemasis
    Nemasis
    Community Member
    Options

OK thank you.

• Nemasis
    Nemasis
    Community Member
    Options

I went into settings and turned "off" the conceal passwords feature and that seem to help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nemasis,

I’m glad you’ve found a solution that’s working for you. I’m curious though, is there a particular reason that you’re revealing the password before copying it? 1Password can copy the password correctly, even if all you see is a series of dots.

• Nemasis
    Nemasis
    Community Member
    Options

No. I think when I upgraded the software, it just defaulted to the dots. And although I could see how to "Reveal" the password, I didn't know how to copy it, as in previous versions.

• Ben
    Options

@Nemasis,

The option to copy is right next to the option to reveal, when conceal passwords is turned on. You shouldn't have to have the password revealed in order to copy it:

Do you not see that option?

Ben

• Nemasis
    Nemasis
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely not. They only thing I saw was Reveal.

• Ben
    Options

@Nemasis

Can you please let me know what version of 1Password you have installed?

How to keep 1Password up to date

Ben

This discussion has been closed.