I am trying 1PW. I currently use Roboform and it has no trouble accessing my bank. 1PW can't. Why?

I am trying 1PW. I currently use Roboform and it has no trouble accessing my bank which requires 4 entries. A user ID, Security Number, Password and Issue Number. While all information in the Web form details are correct when filled by 1PS and submitted it returns "wrong logon information" If I copy and paste from the Web form details and submit it works. Also in a simple logon with 1PS automatically offering to save the logon the password does not save. I like the 1PS interface but am underwhelmed by how it works so far. Best Regards ............... Ronnie Marais

1Password Version: 7.3.3 (1700)
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: O SX 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:logon with multi codes does not work

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronnie_marais,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using 1Password to fill the sign-in form on your bank's website!

If it works when you copy & paste your login credentials, but not when you have the 1Password extension fill them for you, please follow these steps to save a new Login item for that site. Does the new Login item work correctly?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• ronnie_marais
    ronnie_marais
    Community Member

Hallo Drew_AG, Thanks for getting back to me on this. I had tried this before having found advice on your site earlier. I tried it again but no luck. I notice that when the new manual login is saved, even before I submit the entries to logon, the codes in the manual login are different to what was entered. I have edited and corrected the password and security code but even when they are correct in the login and I use the logon it does not work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronnie_marais,

If it’s alright with you, it would really help to see the web address that is currently giving you trouble. Doing some testing on our end will give us a much better sense of where things are getting tangled up. :)

• ronnie_marais
    ronnie_marais
    Community Member

Hallo Megan, Here is the login link we have been discussing. Best Regards ............... Ronnie Marais
    https://ibanking.stgeorge.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronnie_marais

Thank you for letting us know what the URL is, it does give us the final piece of information of what's going on. I'm going to move your post to our "Saving and filling in browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it, I hope you don't mind :chuffed:

There are some problems with the St George site, I would encourage you to read this discussion thread to get a better idea of what is going on: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/307553/#Comment_307553. In here our experts have gone into a detailed explanation of what's going on in this site.

I'm very sorry for the inconveniences that this might cause to you, if there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.