How do I disable Touch ID button on my iPhone 5?

Options
Lettege
Lettege
Community Member

Hi - I'm able to touch the thumbprint icon to bypass entering the Master Password. There are no Touch ID functions under the 1Password Security Settings or the phone's settings...

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:touch id iphone 5

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lettege,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. The settings for Touch ID are within 1Password under Settings > Security:

Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad

Thanks!

Ben

• Lettege
    Lettege
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben - there are no Touch ID functions in the 1Password Settings > Security or on my phone. It's an iPhone 5. I've only got: Lock Now, Lock on Exit, Auto-Lock, PIN Code, 1Password Watchtower, Change Master Password, Clear Clipboard & Conceal Passwords. No Touch ID.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2016
    Options

@Lettege

Sorry - my mistake. The iPhone 5 doesn't have Touch ID. You'll need to use the PIN code settings instead.

Thanks!

Ben

• Lettege
    Lettege
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think you're understanding my problem. I have an iPhone 5. It does not have Touch ID. If I launch 1Password and it requires me to enter my Master Password, e.g. after I restart my phone, I am able to tap the Thumbprint/Touch ID icon and bypass the Master Password. Tapping the Touch ID thumbprint icon allows me circumvent the Master Password and enter my PIN. To my mind, this is an increased security risk. How do I remove the Touch ID thumbprint icon?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lettege: You can't remove the icon itself since the reason it's there is so you can use the alternate unlock method you've chosen. If you don't want to use a PIN code, be sure to disable that feature in 1Password Settings > Security. Alternatively, you can change 1Password Settings > Advanced > Security if you simply want to adjust how frequently the Master password is required. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.