1password for iOS once bought now looks like a "trial" version

Options
EddieDean
EddieDean
Community Member

Hey there,

I bought 1password for iOS in August 2014 for 8,99 Euros (as a whole app - no In-App purchase) and suddenly (maybe within the last few days) the app looks like some kind of trial version... all former categories (WLAN Routers, etc.) vanished and the app tells me I have to buy the "pro features" to use these features again...

What is this?? How can I restore the previous state? Restoring purchases doesn't work because there are no previous In-App purchases - I bought it directly within the App Store.
What can I do? I'm absolutely not willing to pay again just to get back features which I have already bought...

Cheers,

Alex

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @EddieDean , Sorry to hear that you're having problems with 1Password Pro on your IOS device.
    It sounds as if your 1Password may have been updated. The following should restore your Pro purchase:

• Make sure all your devices are signed in with the correct Apple ID, then, to restore the purchase.
    • Open 1Password and unlock your vault. Tap Settings > Pro features. Then tap Restore Purchase.

Does this help?
    Please let us know what happens.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• EddieDean
    EddieDean
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rjh (aka Rob ;) )

Thanks for your reply. I already tried to restore purchases this way (again I tried it just two minutes ago - after I read your answer), but it doesn't work. :(

I receive a message which tells me that there are no purchases that can be restored. Sure, because I never used an In-App-Purchase, but bought the App via the App Store, instead.

Cheers,
    Alex

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @EddieDean (aka Alex ;) ), Oops!
    Sorry to hear that 'Restore Purchase' didn't work.
    Are you sure that you are logged in with the same Apple ID that you used to purchase 1Password?
    Did you inadvertently create a new ID?
    I have multiple Apple IDs (I'm a digital nomad, so I am often in a new country), but — once I remembered which ID I used to make an original purchase — never had problems restoring.

If you are sure that you are using the same ID, you should be able to see and re-download your purchase on the App Store. Failing this, I think you would need to contact Apple, as AgileBits has no control over the apps purchased on either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Certainly hope this helps.
    Otherwise, it's 02:00 in Toronto right now — the AgileBits staff won't be around for a while.

Cheers,
    Rob

• EddieDean
    EddieDean
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rob,

Jepp, I'm sure. I verified that by checking my purchases via iTunes (same Apple ID).
    Deleting and re-downloading the app didn't do the trick.

At least it's still working ;-)

What? The AgileBits staff is not doing night shifts? ;-)

Cheers,
    Alex

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Alex,
    No, no night shifts for the AgileBits staff, and I don't think they have any staff in India. You'll have to do with my humble self for a while ;) !

Sorry to hear that re-downloading didn't do the trick — very strange.
    I've got nothing else up my sleeve, I'm afraid.

However brenty is usually around pretty early in the day — perhaps he knows a trick that I'm unaware of.

But hang on …
    You say your app is still working — can you still add/edit data?

Cheers,
    Rob

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EddieDean: Greetings, Gunslinger! It sounds like you may be having an issue with the App Store validating your purchase. In order for this to work, you'll need to reinstall the app using the Apple ID it was purchased under originally...and then you'll need to be using that same Apple ID to restore the purchase. It probably seems obvious, but be sure to check your receipt as it will show the Apple ID used at the time. If you're still having trouble, you may need to contact Apple, as AgileBits simply doesn't have any control over App Store purchases. Please let me know how it turns out!

• EddieDean
    EddieDean
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I didn't buy the "Pro Features", but until the latest app update I could use all of these features (additional categories, tags, folders, etc.). So the reason why the restoration of that purchase fails may be because I never bought them (additionally).
    I tried deleting and re-installing the app using the same Apple ID (I verified this multiple times).

I just wonder why this functionality is gone overnight.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EddieDean: Sorry for the trouble! Were you able to get in touch with Apple? I think at this point, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)*

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. And a copy of your App Store receipt may be useful for communicating with Apple as well since ultimately any purchase-related issues will need to go through them. Thanks in advance!

• EddieDean
    EddieDean
    Community Member
    Options

@Bernfrin, yes indeed. I restored my iPhone a few days ago (after I installed the iOS 10 beta for testing purpose and restored a backup of iOS 9.3) and updated 1password about one or two days ago.

Nice that AgileBits forces users to pay again just to get back features they already had...

Thanks for your help :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EddieDean,

I sincerely apologize for the frustration here! Don’t worry, we will not make you pay a second time for functionality that you already had.

1Password 4.0 was released in 2012. Since then, there has not been a paid upgrade. When we released 1Password 5 for iOS (in September of 2014) as a freemium app, all 1Password 4 for iOS owners were given the iOS Pro features for free.

It sounds like, for some reason, 1Password isn’t correctly recognizing that you already purchased the app. This could happen if you recently re-installed the app using a different Apple ID. Seeing a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device as Brenty suggested above, will give us a better insight here. Please send one at your earliest convenience so we can help you get this straightened out!

• EddieDean
    EddieDean
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

looks like I've bought 1password just in time ;-)
    I've created and sent a diagnostic report.

Thanks for your help :)

Cheers,
    Alex

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @EddieDean,

I found your email, thanks for sending it in! It doesn’t appear, however, like you included a Diagnostics Report in the message. A report from your device will be really helpful in figuring out where things are getting tangled up.

You can follow the instructions here to create the report.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":

[#MXZ-24859-773]

This will link your diagnostics to our current email discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

@EddieDean: And just to clarify, the Pro Features in 1Password 4, 5, and 6 did not exist in 1Password 3. Otherwise it probably wouldn't have made sense to build three new major versions. Cheers! ;)

This discussion has been closed.