Master Password Not Working

Options
no_1013
no_1013
Community Member

I just changed the master password, have it written down too, but it isn't being accepted and I can't log in.
Is all hope lost for my spasswords?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@no_1013: Yes, you'll need to enter the correct Master Password to unlock your vault. (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. have you tried the previous password? Perhaps you were unsuccessful in changing it, or you haven't yet unlocked to sync from another device. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• no_1013
    no_1013
    Community Member
    Options

I tried my old password but it didn't work, but restoring from backup onto my ipad allowed access thankfully. Thanks for your help

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @no_1013

On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome. I'm sorry you had to go through the hassle of restoring your data from a backup but it's great that it all turned out well! If you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.