Downloaded El Capitan and now its not working

LisaJ
LisaJ
Community Member

I downloaded OS X El Capitan and now it won't let me see what I type into on 1Password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Downloaded El Capitan and now its not working

Comments

• LisaJ
    LisaJ
    Community Member

I downloaded OS X El Capitan and now my one password is not working- it will not let me see what I type in

• vee
    vee
    Community Member

Hi @LisaJ,

You haven't included any information about what version of 1Password you're using, but based on your description of the problem you're experiencing, I'm going to guess it's 1Password 3 for Mac. The problem is that 1Password 3 has been out of development for years and is therefore not entirely compatible with newer operating systems, such as El Capitan. You can read more information about this compatibility issue and how to solve it here:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

I hope this helps! Feel free to reply in this thread if you have any follow-up questions about what you read in the post linked above. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LisaJ,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Hopefully vee's reply was helpful for you - if you're using 1Password 3 on El Capitan, that's exactly what's happening. If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here for you! :)

• LisaJ
    LisaJ
    Community Member

I can't figure out how to install the upgraded version I paid for. its just too complicated for me. What to do next?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LisaJ,

Sorry to hear you're having a little trouble upgrading! We can definitely help you get things up and running with the new version. You didn't mention exactly where you're getting stuck or what happens when you try to upgrade, but it should basically be a matter of downloading version 6, moving it to the Applications folder, and opening it. The first time you open 1Password 6, it should find your data from version 3 and give you the option of using that data. We have more specific steps (including instructions for the 1Password browser extension) here: How to upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3

Does that help at all? If you're still having trouble, please let us know what you've done / what you're trying to do, as well as what happens when you try to do that. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.