New Welcome Screen/How to Sign in

Options
Londoner2016
Londoner2016
Community Member

I use 1P on my ipad, my work desktop (windows) and my iphone. I have an individual pro account, all versions up to date. I just launched on my phone and there is a new welcome screen giving me two options: Sign in For Families and Teams and Use Without an Account. This is a new development - I presume because of an update? How do I sign in? PReviously my iphone and ipad synched by icloud and my desktop by dropbox - at least that is what I think I was doing.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Londoner2016
    Londoner2016
    Community Member
    Options

I have sorted it. Not as intuitive as things normally are with 1P. In your rush to get people onto the family and team plans, I hope you don't forget your original uses who don't move over......
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion! We've tried a few different ways of presenting both options  — account or no account — and we'll continue to work to make it clearer. I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have! :)

• Londoner2016
    Londoner2016
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Existing individual account?

• Ben
    Options

But what you have isn't an account. You have an app. And perhaps some data stored in iCloud/Dropbox. You don't have the 1Password service -- just the app. Unless you have a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account you do not, as of writing, have a "1Password account." There may be such a thing as an "individual 1Password account" in the future, but there isn't currently, and so we wouldn't want to cause further confusion down the line by calling what folks might have right now an "individual account."

This is where a lot of the confusion comes in, unfortunately. Folks assume because they made a purchase they must have an account, but that is not the case. It wasn't until recently (with the release of 1Password Teams and 1Password Families) that we started offering a service. Before we were just selling apps. Accounts are associated with the service, not the apps.

We do certainly appreciate the feedback though, and if you have other suggestions we'd be happy to hear them.

Ben

• Londoner2016
    Londoner2016
    Community Member
    Options

Fair enough.. Perhaps Existing User? Since what you want is for people like me (using the app already) to know what to click on to get things running again by entering an existing password to sync up with existing data. I think. Up to you.

• Ben
    Options

Right. But 1Password Teams and 1Password Families users are also "existing users." ;)

I don't say this to be argumentative, just to hopefully illustrate the point that we have thought about this a fair amount, and tried a lot of different wording, and are still struggling with a solution that is clear to everyone.

We do have some other ideas that we are batting around that will hopefully be more clear.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.