Confused

sbernstecker
sbernstecker
Community Member

I have been using 1password on my android device, I purchased the Pro version. I have created a login item, I have also created 2 Folders, 1 money and 1 medical, the login is a medical based login How do you move the item I created into the proper folder so I can start off orginizing my logins?

2nd question, After I created the item under the catagory Login, I wanted to see what other catagories I could use, I pushed the + button, and instead opening the selection box, it just opened the create login box again, I have tried it many times and I see nowhere to be able to back out of that catagory to select another item to create.

Thanks

Comments

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

Figured out 2nd question on my own :)

• Hey @sbernstecker. :) To add an item to a folder, tap the item to view its details screen. In the upper right hand corner, you'll see a little folder icon. Tap that and check the box next to the folder you want to add it to, then tap Set folder.

Let me know how it goes!

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

Hey Peri,

Thanks for the responce, but I don't see where you are talking about, can you give me some screenshots, maybe then I will be able to see what you are talkng about.

Thanks bunch.
    Steve

• Certainly, @sbernstecker. Just tap to open an item. It should look like this:

In the upper right hand corner, you should see a star icon to mark items as Favorites, a folder icon to organize, and the three dots for the overflow menu. Click the folder icon to add items to a folder.

I should mention that organizing into folders is part of 1Password for Android's Pro features, so if your trial period is over and you don't have the Pro features unlocked, that may be why you're not seeing the option.

Let me know if that helps!

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

Hi Peri,

I have the pro version, my screen doesn't look anything like your screen at all, I did just figure it out just by luck (trial and error) I have notice that the way to work inside of this program is not very user friendly, and the help file, isn't easy to understand. These two things really need to be looked at, so they can be more intuitive and easier to understand.

Thanks for the help,

• @sbernstecker Can you let me know what version of 1Password you're using on Android? Your item details screen should look like this with the latest version of 1Password for Android installed.

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

I described what I saw to the best of my ability, is the screen that I told you about sound like it came from an older version?

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

The versionthat I have from google play store says its from 6/15/16

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

The one you showed me, looks like it hase a better interface

• I'm a little confused, as the UI should be more or less consistent across devices. The only difference may be that if you have a device with its own menu button, such as an older model Samsung device, you won't see the overflow menu (the three dots in the upper right corner), but you should still see the same Material Design interface. If you tap on a Login item, what do you see in the upper right hand corner?

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

I see a magnifying icon for search, and the 3 dot extension menu. Is this version the newest version?? What are you using for your example?? Windows, iPad,iPhone? Also I have found that after I click on the URL to login into a website, I guess I need to press the Key in the upper right, next to the websites address, it than calls up the password box and I select it from there. Is this not automated to fill in the box when I am on the page?? also I do log in fine, but if there is a link on one of the websites, and I am in your browser the links don't work, I have tried it on more than one link in a website, is it broken? FYI, my tablet is rooted...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sbernstecker: Oh dear. As this is the 1Password for Android category of the forums, we were under the impression that's the version you're using. Peri's screenshot above is from 1Password for Android version 6. If you're not using 1Password for Android, please let us know the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you are using.

However, if you are using 1Password for Android, there are a few ways you can use it to login to websites:

But when you talk about "click on the URL" and "press the Key in the upper right", I wonder if you're not using 1Password on a computer. Please let me know!

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

I am using 1password for android version 6.3.3 like I stated above, please refer to that. I am using 1password for android v6.3.3 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-P900 I am trying to understand this program and I am a bit confused, and although Peri has been a great help, there is now a concern of what I am seeing with what Peri has on her screen, I have used Roboform for years and therefore that is one of the reasons I am trying a new piece of software. I haven't even tried or seen any other version of 1password. I explained exactly what I saw on the screen and I have been answering Peri's questions to the best of my ability. That is all I can do, I have zero reason to say anything other than what I have seen. Please don't imply that I don't know what version I am running or what kind of equipment that I am using. I might not understand how to use all of the functions of 1Password, that is why I opened this post to begin with. It is very disrespectful for you to imply I am an idiot and I feel that is what you have done. Please don't disrespect me in such a way, you don't know me.

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

Peri, Please email me or message me. my information is in my profile. Thanks Steve

• jzmagic
    jzmagic
    Community Member

To add an item to a folder, chose the item, view its details screen, check the folder icon and the folder you want to add it

• Hey @sbernstecker. I think Brenty was just confused as to what was causing the issue here, and was covering all bases, just in case we were on different pages. He certainly wasn't trying to be disrespectful, so please don't hold that against him. :) I will go ahead and email you and we can continue the conversation there.

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

Hi Peri

I don't ever hold any kind of grudges, I say my pease and I move on. I am sorry I lost your Email address yesterday. I hope you recieved my semi screen shot that you asked me for? Since I gave it to you on Sunday, I haven't heard anything from you? Can you please advise. Send me an email again, I won't loose it until we find out what is going on with 1password if it isn't my rooted device.

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi @sbernstecker , I would just like to confirm that a rooted Android device does not affect 1Password in any way. My own phone was rooted for some time and I had no problems 1Password whatsoever. I did, however, have problems with my banking app and had to remove root access to be able to use it.

At the same time, I would like to confirm that the screenshot shown above differs from the current Android UI for 1Password (my current device is from Samsung, but I've checked my other Android devices to find the same UI structure):
    The current screen displays (from left to right)

• A hamburger slide-in menu that will display "Favourites, Categories, Folders and Settings);
    • the title of the displayed category;
    • a search button;
    • the three-dot-menu that displays Sync, Lock, Help and Exit.
    I would love to make a screenshot, but my security settings won't allow one.

Other than this discrepancy, Peri's instructions for moving an entry from one folder to another are correct.

• Tap the entry in question. A folder will appear (top right next to the three dot menu) with a downward arrow.
    • Click the folder and a new screen will appear "Remove from Floder" and a list of available folders.
    • Click the folder that you wish to move the item to and then (at the top again "Set Folder".

Currently, the item will be copied to the folder you chose, so you might want to delete the 'original'.
    I'm sure, however, that this function will soon be revised to make the process more transparent.

I hope this helps with your problem.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

Thanks Rob, you are totally correct and yes I did figure that out, I was just concerned that people told me what it should look like but it didn't at all. How does the Keyboard work? and this autofill I don't know if I am using Chrome and I go to a site, should it automatically ask me to create a login? Should it do that for me in Apps that I have to login on or both? if it indeed is, it doesn't, it seems to be a pain to create a login when you have to go into 1password and tell it you want to create a new login, and that I have to type in the url, user name, password and all of that. Please advise, Steve

• @sbernstecker I've found the screenshot and emailed you back. I'm glad to see that the issue was that I overlooked that you were using a tablet, which explains the different interface, and that it's nothing to do with your root or custom ROM. :) Let us know if you need anything else!

• sbernstecker
    sbernstecker
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply Peri, I did get you email.

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.