I own 1Password on the MAc. I am moving to windows...

Options
cape_dave
cape_dave
Community Member

Once I am using 1password on Windows, I want to import LastPass info which is what I am currently using on Windows. Please advise the best way to do this. Thanks, Dave

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @cape_dave ,

You can either:

• On OS X, import your LastPass data now on a Mac, using the built-in LastPass importer, and either sync your data via Dropbox, or export it using the 1PIF format, and from there, sync or import, respectively, into the Windows app.

• On Windows, use the lastpass converter in the converter suite to convert and import your LastPass for Windows export data.

Note: the lastpass converter also works on OS X, if you'd prefer to us it over the built-in LastPass importer. There are a few reasons why this might be advantageous.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dave ( @cape_dave ),

Does the advice MrC gave help you out? If you still have further questions, we’d love to hear a bit more detail on the versions of 1Password that you’re currently using, as it can help us ensure that we’re giving you the best advice.

• cape_dave
    cape_dave
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Megan, The above was a bit more complex than I was hoping for. However, I was able to export from LastPass in Windows and import that file into 1Password for Windows. So, it appears that I am good to go. One other question is can I somehow transfer my Mac license to my new Windows computer as I will not be using the Mac anymore? Thanks much. Dave

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Sorry @cape_dave, I wasn't aware that 1Password for Window would import a LastPass export. I checked, but didn't see the specific LastPass importer there. Glad you got it sorted out.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @cape_dave

It's good to hear that you got it sorted out, and thank you @MrC for your help! The licenses that you have is only for Mac, however if you send us an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com we'll see what we can do for you! :chuffed:

• cape_dave
    cape_dave
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thanks Pilar! I will do that and see what happens :)

• cape_dave
    cape_dave
    Community Member
    Options

To MrC, no worries. It seemed to work, I had to choose some field mapping but that was about it. Time will tell :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.