recently synched 1password on my ipad and Mac. can now view but not edit the items/secure notes mac.

Options
tonyfitz
tonyfitz
Community Member

I recently synced 1password from my ipad to my mac. I can edit items/secure notes on my iPad but only view, not edit, the items/secure notes on my mac. Each note is marked Not available on my mac . How do I correct that please?.

1Password Version: 6.2.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:recently synched 1password on my ipad and Mac. can now view but not edit the items/secure notes mac. Each note is marked Not available . How do I correct that please?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonyfitz

This is indeed an interesting issue that you bumped into! I would like to ask you a couple of questions and run a couple of tests to get a better view of what's going on here:

• Can you still edit the items that were already on your Mac?
    • If you create a new item on your Mac, does it san correctly to the iPad?
    • If you create a new item on the iPad, can you edit that one on the Mac or do you find the same problems?
    • Were you syncing with a different method before using iCloud?
    • Can you please give us the iOS and 1Password version on your iPad?

I hope to hear back from you, this will help us get to the bottom of the problem soon! :chuffed:

• tonyfitz
    tonyfitz
    Community Member
    Options

There's nothing on my Mac, Pilar. The 1Password App was completely uninstalled from my Mac.

I only use iCloud for syncing.

The 1Password Version on my iPad is 6.4.3

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonyfitz

If 1Password is not installed on your Mac, where are you seeing the items? Anyway, if you install 1Password and set up iCloud sync then you should be set up!

I see that you have started an other thread, with a related problem. To start over on iOS you only need to delete the app from your iPad. Be sure you make a backup of your data first! You can find the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/backups/#create-a-backup. You can then make sure that your iCloud account is properly set up. Then download the app again, when you open it the first time, pick the option "Use without an account".

Please let us know how this goes for you, if you are able to set everything right and if there's anything else we can do for you :chuffed:

• tonyfitz
    tonyfitz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Pilar, but I'm becoming more confused. The original problem on my initial thread - the first item on this thread - can now be ignored. May we please start again on the other thread? Thanks. Tony

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonyfitz

I'm sorry about the confusion going on here. So I can have a better idea of the configuration of your computer, could you please send me a Diagnostics Report from the two devices that are causing trouble? This way we'll be able to see better what's going on and how to better help you! :chuffed:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• tonyfitz
    tonyfitz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Pilar. Please see other thread. Tony

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.