Safari Extension keeps looking for the App and opening new tab

Options
patrick_g
patrick_g
Community Member

Hi everyone!

Got a bit of a safari problem myself. Not a huge deal, but a tad annoying. ;)

Each time I open up the 1P extension / 1P mini, a new tab is opened up with the message "looking for 1Password app"...
This used to happen only after the installation in earlier versions as far as I remember but now it happens each time I open the Safari extension (once per session until the mini app closes again.)

Thanks for your support!
patrick

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patrick_g,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with 1Password! In order to give you the best advice here, we’ll need to know a few details about your 1Password setup:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)

Our Knowledgebase will help you find your 1Password version information:
    https://support.1password.com/check-app-version/

• Is the 1Password app installed in your /Applications folder?
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What is the version number of your browser?
    • What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using?

Our Knowledgebase will help you find your 1Password extension version information:
    https://support.1password.com/check-extension-version/

The more information you can give us, the better and more quickly we’ll be able to assist you.

• patrick_g
    patrick_g
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan

thanks for your quick reply.

Weird... I added the information in the fields below when I made the post...

1Password V 6.3.1 (631005) / Mac App Store

Is the 1Password app installed in your /Applications folder?
    yes

What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    OS X 10.11.6 (15G31)

What is the version number of your browser?
    Version 9.1.2 (11601.7.7)

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using?
    1Password Ext 4.5.7

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patrick_g,

Thanks so much for confirming those details! Let’s try this:

1. Use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to quit both 1Password and 1Password mini.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Open 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and access the extension ... does it find the app properly this time?
  • patrick_g
    patrick_g
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan ,

thank you for the tip. I couldn't quit 1Password mini via Shortcut, so I opened and quit 1Password the way you said and opened and quit 1Password mini (quit via Menu/Click) and restarted.
    Now, if I start 1Password first, the extension opens up nicely. If not, the extension starts looking for the app (that's the way I usually use 1Password).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patrick_g,

Thanks for following up here! Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• patrick_g
    patrick_g
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan , the support ID is [#KIZ-49257-729].

Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patrick_g,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: KIZ-49257-729

• patrick_g
    patrick_g
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thank you so much @Megan !

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patrick_g,

:+1: :chuffed: