License or Not and My account

Options
Seldomseen
Seldomseen
Community Member

I am just getting started, have the app on my phone and went to get the App for my MacBook Pro but I am being asked for a key that I don't recall receiving or creating. In fact, I can't remember if I purchased the product or have just the "free trial". What should I do? I don't want to get started and find all my data not communicated between my phone and my other devises.

Thank you anyone for your advice and or help.
I want to contact the company but I only see contact via TWITTER which I don't use.

Thank you.

Seldomseen
Also can't find version number on my iPhone>
ARRRGGGGHHHHHH

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Seldomseen,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re feeling a bit frustrated with 1Password right now. Let’s see what we can do to get you straightened out.

If you started using 1Password on your iOS device, you might not have paid for a license or signed up for an account yet. Don’t worry, that’s fine! The 1Password app is a free download from the iOS App Store (with some Pro features you can unlock with a one-time In-App Purchase).

Now that you’re enjoying 1Password and want to get set up on all your devices, it’s time to decide if you want to purchase a license for the desktop software or take advantage of our new 1Password accounts.

You can learn about the differences between the two options on our pricing page, but I’ll give you a short version here. 1Password accounts (with either 1Password Families or 1Password for Teams) are a great way to securely share data with the important people in your life. Your subscription comes with licenses for the apps across all platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android) and updates are included for as long as your account is active. The real power of 1Password accounts is that sync is handled by us, so whenever you sign in to your 1Password account in the 1Password apps, or on the web, you have instant access to all your data, with no need to set up sync to a third party service. I’m a bit biased, but I think it’s a pretty sweet deal. :)

If you would prefer to purchase a standalone license instead, you can certainly do so. A license provides you access to the current version of 1Password for your Mac and Windows computers, with all in-version updates. With the standalone license, you determine how your data is synced (using Dropbox, iCloud, or WLAN server) to your other devices.

Take a look at the information available on our site and please let me know if you have any questions! I’d be happy to clarify anything. :)

• Seldomseen
    Seldomseen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan!

Wow, what a prompt and very thorough, helpful reply. Thank you so much. Outstanding customer support. I'm sold. I'll look at the pricing page and make a decision.

Thank you again and have a pleasant day.
    Bill
    aka Seldomseen :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @Megan, you're very welcome! I know she'll appreciate your kind words, so I'll make sure she sees them. Customer support is a very high priority for us, so I'm glad to see it shows. It helps to have awesome customers like yourself! :)

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.