Minimum OSX requirements for each version

MacThespian
MacThespian
Community Member

I'm running El Capitan and 1Password 6 (version 6.3.1) on my iMac--no problems there.
I also have a MacBook Pro on which I'm running Snow Leopard (for compatibility with some programs I still need) and 1Password 3. I haven't used 1Password on the Macbook Pro for some time, but today I installed the recommended updates to version 3.
Will 1Password 6 run under Snow Leopard? If not, can I just sync the 2 computers using Dropbox without any major problems?
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:system requi

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MacThespian,

Thanks for asking about this.

The minimum requirements are all listed on the downloads page if you ever need to refer back to them:

https://agilebits.com/downloads

• 1Password 6 for Mac requires OS X Yosemite or higher
    • 1Password 4 for Mac requires OS X Mountain Lion or higher
    • 1Password 3 for Mac requires OS X Snow Leopard or higher

So it sounds like you are running the latest version for your Snow Leopard machine, and, yes, you can sync them both with Dropbox. Just be sure that you are using the Agile Keychain format as 1Password 3 doesn't read the OPVault format. You can make sure of in one of two ways:

• Set up syncing first on your Snow Leopard Mac. 1Password will create the vault in the correct format since it's the only format it know.
    • Tell 1Password 6 to use the Agile Keychain format before enabling syncing with Dropbox on your other Mac. Choose Help > Tools and make sure to that "Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync" is NOT ENABLED. Then you can set up syncing with Dropbox.

If you have any trouble, let me know. I'm happy to provide more specific assistance.

Cheers!

• MacThespian
    MacThespian
    Community Member

Thanks. I hadn't thought to un-enamble "Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync." Everything seems to be working perfectly.,

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! That is what we love to hear. :)

My guess is that you were already using the Agile Keychain format, so it should be smooth sailing for you. :+1:

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.