Copy Disabled/Not Working in Desktop App

EntilZha
EntilZha
Community Member

I just downloaded the trial version of the app (not family edition) to give 1Password a try over KeePass. So far liking the browser integration, but its important to me that I can easily copy/paste from the app itself. It seems like you should be able to do do with option-command-c based on the FAQ.

When I press option-command-c I get an error beep and when looking at the edit menu the command-c copy option is grayed out.

Is this because I am on the trial version or should it be working and some other application on my machine is capturing option-command-c before 1Password does?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iClou

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EntilZha,

The trial version is the full version, we don't cripple it all during the trial and when the trial expires all we do is move the vault to a read-only status as anything else would be essentially blackmail and that's not cool.

The copy command in the Edit does spend a lot of time disabled because copying an entire item in your vault doesn't make much sense. What people generally want to do is copy the username or password or just have 1Password fill in the fields for them.

The main purpose of the browser extension is to fill in the fields of a login page. Without the browser extension 1Password can't 'see' the page or have a way of interacting with the browser. There is a keyboard shortcut for copying the password of a selected item and that shortcut is ⇧⌘C (that works in both the main window and the 1Password mini menu). Clicking on the username is the only way I know of off the top of my head for copying the username.

If I'm misunderstanding anything at all please let me know or if anything I've written here has been helpful but only raises other questions please let us know that too :smile:

• EntilZha
    EntilZha
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables, thats exactly what I wanted to know. I tried your suggestion in both the mini and full app and it worked great.

I have the browser extension for most logins, but for a few I need to copy the password directly (eg App Store/iTunes login)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @EntilZha,

I'm glad the description helped :smile: If you have any other questions about 1Password please ask!

This discussion has been closed.