linkedin not accepting pasted in password

Options

I am unable to paste my password into my linkedin log in window. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.1 (631005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:linkedin not accepting pasted in password

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @eswan108 , Sorry to hear about the confusion with linkedin.com.
    Some websites (linkedin is one of them) are programmed not to accept pasted passwords. This is meant as an additional security measure.
    However, 1Password will automatically fill your login details when you double-click the linkedin icon in the main 1Password window or — when you've loaded the page in your browser, you can hit command \

I hope this will relieve your frustration.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rjh: Indeed, and in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the browser and extension versions you're using. Thanks in advance! :)

• eswan108
    eswan108
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the help. The 'Brent's' new Login procedure fixed it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that saving a new login helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.