How to completely reset 1Password on Mac

rekraft3783
rekraft3783
Community Member

I had reinstalled 1Password on my Mac. My main vault is kept in Dropbox. When I specify to sync it seems that the syncs works, but actually no items can be seen in there afterwards. Something is wrong. I wanted to start with a complete fresh installation, but deleting the app + data in /library/ etc. won't do it. What can do to start all over again, so that it asks me for a vault and I can specify the one in my dropbox as the master?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:reset

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Hi @rekraft3783

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Starting over might just do the trick!

1. Launch 1Password.
    2. If 1Password is not already locked, lock the app by clicking the padlock in the upper right corner or go to 1Password > Lock.
    3. After that choose Help > Troubleshooting > Start Over and follow the onscreen instructions.

Please be sure to have appropriate backups before going through this process! When you install it again, you have to click on the option to use without an account, as you want to use local vaults.

Please let us know how this goes for you, if it helps or if we need to do some more digging! :chuffed:

• rekraft3783
    rekraft3783
    Community Member

Thanks - that worked!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

HI @rekraft3783

You're very welcome! It's great news to hear that it's all sorted out! If there's anything else we can help you with, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

• lemonerika
    lemonerika
    Community Member

Hi, I'd like to do the same (start 1P over on my MacBook Pro) as I recently migrated some items on my Primary (local) vault to a Team vault account and for some reason, I'm finding duplicate entries on my Primary vault (which is syncing to DB) which should not be there (as I've since moved them to my team vault account). I don't have the "Start Over" option when I click on Help>Troubleshooting though. I get following options:

—Troubleshooting Utility
    —Reset iCloud Data
    —Show Application Log
    —Show 1Password mini Log
    —Restart 1Password Mini
    —Reset 1Password Data

Just to be clear. I don't want to reset my entire data everwhere. Only on this device (MacBook Pro) which is the only place I'm seeing the duplicate entries. My iMac does not have the same issue.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
    Mac OS Version: 10.10.2
    Sync type: DropBox

• Hi @lemonerika,

The new name for the Start Over menu item is the last one in your list, "Reset All 1Password Data".

This will reset your local data and any local cache of 1Password.com data that you might have. The result of that action is that you will need to sign into your 1Password.com account again.

Rudy

• lemonerika
    lemonerika
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy. This worked!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lemonerika

On behalf of Rudy, you're very welcome! I hope that everything goes well for you from now on, but if you ever need help again, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.