Can't see some of my passwords

mark_huddleston
mark_huddleston
Community Member

I am able to open my account and see many of my passwords, but some--those with a vault icon on the left--don't show me my own passwords. How do I open them up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mark_huddleston

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. It would be very helpful if you could please give us some more details about your problem. It sounds like you have an account, is this correct? Where are you trying to see your password: on the app or the web interface? What exactly do you mean by "don't show me my own passwords"? Which password are you seeing? Also, the information about your 1Password and OS version is very important so we can help you better!

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this! :chuffed:

• mark_huddleston
    mark_huddleston
    Community Member

Yes, Pilar. I do have an account. I am trying to see the password on the web interface. I upgraded to the new 1Password 6 from the original 1Password a month or so ago. When I did, all of my old passwords seemingly were transferred to the new system, as they should have been. The issue is that some of them do not let me see all of the information--or at least I haven't figured out how to see that information, particularly my password. To be clear, for most of my items there is no issue. The problem is that some of my folders/items have a "padlock-appearing" icon adjacent on the left. For these items, information is hidden.

I am using version 6.3.1 on an Apple MacBook Pro, running OS 10.11.6.

By the way, for what it's worth, the passwords that I CANNOT see on 1Password 6, the new version, are still visible on the original.

• mark_huddleston
    mark_huddleston
    Community Member

Pilar, I think I just solved my own problem. I went into "preferences" and selected "reveal passwords" as the option. Looks like it now works.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@mark_huddleston,

Ah! Yep. If you have a team account, it is possible to disable that permission. I'm glad the fix was that simple for you! :+1:

(For anyone else reading along, that option is not present for individual or family plans.)

Have a great rest of your week!

This discussion has been closed.