1 license or 2?

notbs
notbs
Community Member

I want to set up 1password for myself and my wife, so we each need to purchase it at $64.99 or does one license cover all our computers? I'd rather purchase in full than monthly

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want to set up 1password for myself and my wife, so we each need to purchase it at $64.99 or does one license cover all our computers?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Nowadays (it was different at various times in the past) as there are two of you, you either need to make two purchases or to go for the subscription (Families). I think the subscription (you can pay it annually) is a better solution for new users, but you can make the purchases if you prefer.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @notbs,

Danco is correct, there have been a few changes to our licensing recently. A single license for 1Password will cover all of the computers (Mac or Windows) that you use, but your wife will need a separate license for her own machines.

Now, it is completely your choice whether you purchase a license or sign up for an account, but I do want to mention that an account with 1Password Families will be a smaller investment over a year than the two licenses. And the benefit of the account is that the app will always be up to date, even if there is a major version upgrade. (A standalone license will apply for the current version of the app only.)

I hope this helps, but if you have more questions about licensing, we’re here for you!

This discussion has been closed.