Not auto signing in after filling in user names and passowrd

DaBurner
DaBurner
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

Not automatically signing in after filling in user name and password was problem awhile back for just Starbucks web site, but now this problem has returned again for all web sites
I have MBP running OS 10.11.6 and using Safari and 1P version 6.3.1
I have latest 1P and proper preferences checked.
Any advice ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DaBurner,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble here! I assume that by “proper preferences checked” you mean “Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords”, correct?

Now, since I’m not able to reproduce the behaviour here, I’ll have to ask a few basic questions to start things off:

• Have you taken a look inside these Logins just to confirm that the ‘submit’ option is set to ‘Always’? (To view this setting, you’ll need to edit the item, it’s toward the bottom of the item’s details.)
    • Have you recently restarted your Mac?
  • DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Megan-
    Thanks for the fast reply
    I use the actual favicons from 1P dragged up to my favorites bar in Safari.
    I tried renewing these by dragging news ones and deleting old ones, but the same problem occurs.
    If I double click a favicon in the 1P master window of logins, I still get no login after filling in user name and password.

Yes, "Always" is selected in the login item window
    I have restarted my MBP and I just downloaded the newest OS just a week or so ago.

This particular problem has been around (off and on) for some time.
    I remember this happening with earlier versions of 1P.
    And as you know, when a customer gets used to "one click" and I am logged in, it is hard to go back to anything else.

If you have a separate e-mail address, I could send you a diagnostic report, let me know
    [email address removed by admin]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DaBurner,

Thanks for getting back to me with those details! I just wanted to let you know that I removed your email address from your post. This is a public forum, and we don’t want you getting any unsolicited mail. :)

I’ll admit, I don’t use the bookmark feature, but if you’re seeing the same issue when you click the web address inside the main app, we might need to look a little bit deeper for the root of the issue.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member

I have already sent in a diagnostic report and sent it to Agilebits attention your name
    And thanks for removing my e-mail address

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DaBurner,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: PLI-14791-173

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member

Megan-
    Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DaBurner,

:+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.