I have 1P synced on all of my devices but one. If I sync that one will it override the others?

suz3262
suz3262
Community Member

For some reason I missed syncing 1Password on one of my devices when I set it up for all. My fear is that if I add this one it will override what is in the cloud file and this computer is way behind with a lot of old data. Do I need to back-up or just go ahead!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1P synced on all of my devices but one. If I sync that one will it override the others?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @suz3262

I'm sorry to hear that you're on this slightly annoying situation! First of all, while you don't need a backup, doing one wouldn't harm you at all and is good practice. You can make sure your data is backed up by going to Preferences in 1Password, clicking on Backups and then on "Backup now".

When you set up sync in the other computer you will not lose data, and nothing will be overwritten. You might actually end up in the opposite situation: you might end up getting duplicate items. This is because 1Password will not make any decision over which items to keep. If this happens, you will have to sort out the duplicates by hand.

I hope this helps you, but if you have any other questions just let us know, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

• suz3262
    suz3262
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you're most welcome! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.