1PW4 to 6, crashing a lot

HunterHillegas
HunterHillegas
Community Member

So - I wanted to get a colleague up on Teams. Apparently, he was on 1PW4.

He got the invite and started working his way through. Where he ended up:

1PW6 is on his machine. It has an empty vault and crashes about 2 seconds after launch.
1PW4 is still on his machine. He can open it and sees the data but it also crashes almost immediately.

This is on MacOS X 10.11 El Cap.

Ideas? I sold him on how great Teams was and it's not been an easy on-boarding so far so I'd like to help him get this straight. Right now he can't access his passwords at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• HunterHillegas
    HunterHillegas
    Community Member

A little more info:

After a reboot, if 1PW6 is not launched, 1PW4 works and the data is there.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HunterHillegas,

Thanks so much for being a 1Password ambassador! I’m so sorry that this process has been a bit complicated for you and your teammate. Now, if 1Password 4 is installed on the system, the best solution here is to upgrade that to version 6 first, and then have your teammate add the 1Password Teams account to 1Password 6. Having multiple versions of 1Password installed at once could be problematic.

Let’s try this:

1. Use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to fully quit 1Password. (Check to make sure that there is no 1Password icon in the menu bar - if there is, open it, click on the gear icon to open the menu and select ‘Quit 1Password mini’.)
    2. Go to the Applications folder and drag the 1Password 6 app to the Trash.
    3. Restart the computer.
    4. Open 1Password 4, select the 1Password menu and check for updates. This should get you upgraded to 1Password 6.

Once you’re on 1Password 6, you should be able to follow the directions here to add the 1Password account to the app, and migrate any data, if necessary.

I hope this helps, but if you hit any snags, just let us know where and we’ll work from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.