I have deleted (ie moved to trash & deleted) a password which I now really need.

Pauly58
Pauly58
Community Member

The password deleted is not showing up on restored time machine backups , is there any way of retrieving it? Please help!
Regards Paul

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: OSX10.11.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:can I restore deleted passwords? please help!

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pauly58

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble and that you lost an important password. You don't need to fear, you can recover it from a backup. If you remember when was the last time you had access to it you only need to follow this instructions: https://support.1password.com/backups/#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults.

Be careful to keep track of any new passwords you've created since you deleted the important one so you don't lose them in the process and have to do this all over again :chuffed:

I hope this helps you, please let us know if it all goes well and if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

• Pauly58
    Pauly58
    Community Member

Hi Pilar, THANKYOU! I was able to get lost password & now have much better knowledge of 1password, which by the way is an AWESOME app.
    Regards Pauly

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pauly58,

I’ll admit, we get a bit nervous whenever we see a forum title like yours. I’m so glad that Pilar was able to help you recover this important information.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.