Definition of single license

Options
ajhsu
ajhsu
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Lounge

Hi AgileBits,

I have been your customer of 1Password for about 30days.
And there has something that I really got confused since day one.

What is the actual definition of "single license" from AgileBits Store? I thought it is a "one-time purchase" solution for 1Password across all platforms.
After I bought the "single license", I started to register a 1Password account. And there are two choices I can pick up: "1Password Teams" and "1Password Families". As a single user who just need to store my personal passwords, I can't decide which plan is suited for me. So I chose the 1Password Teams temporarily. After 30days, my account got frozen and it says I have to subscribe the 1Password Teams monthly, which made me really confused.

So my question is:
1. What is the actual definition of my "single license" which bought from AgileBits Store?
2. How to re-activate my personal account? Could it be re-activated with my "single license"?
3. What is the most suitable plan for personal password storage (across OSX, iOS and Web Browsers)?

Many thanks :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

@ajhsu: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the confusion there! A license for the standalone 1Password apps is a one time purchase that doesn't expire, and it entitles you to use that version on as many devices as you wish — for example, if you purchased 1Password for Mac version 6, and you can use it on all of your Macs for as long as it works for you. Upgrades to new versions are not included. In the future operating system upgrades or other changes may necessitate an upgrade in order to use 1Password on your system. These would be available for purchase separately.

A 1Password Account, however, is a separate subscription which includes all of the apps. And we have different plans for individuals, families, and teams. An account includes access to the latest version of all of our compatible apps for as long as you maintain your subscription. Based on your description, it sounds like an individual 1Password Account would be a good fit for you. Shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we will get this sorted out for you. :)

ref: YGV-41872-717

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I believe @Brenty phrased things slightly inaccurately. First, the one-time purchase is for as many Mac and Windows devices as you wish - iOS and Android are separate. Second, minor upgrades (any form of version 6) are included. with the one-time purchase. However, upgrading to version 7 may be a paid upgrade. It might be free (4 to 5 and 5 to 6 were free), but I reckon it is about time AgileBits made a charge for an upgrade (I don't work for them, and this is just a user's guess).

• Ben
    Options

@danco,

That is actually my fault -- I edited Brenty's post to add that bit as I didn't want anyone to get the false assumption that a license gave free upgrades for life. Fair point. We usually refer to in-version updates as updates, vs upgrades. E.x. 1Password 6.1 -> 6.2 would be an update, and would be included, whereas 1Password 6 -> 7 would be an upgrade and would not normally be included.

As yes, newly purchased licenses come with both Mac and Windows components, but it was not always this way. Folks who have older licenses may have one or the other and not both.

:)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.