New user unable to get started

Options
garyrpd
garyrpd
Community Member

I just signed up for a 30-day trial and -- I am stumped. I have no idea how to continue. I am using an iMac, and I have the 1Password icon, but I don't see where to go from there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.15
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just signed up for a 30 day trial and -- I am stumped. I have no idea how to continue. Help

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @garyrpd,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Have you signed into your 1Password account from the Mac application? You can find instructions on that here:

Get started with 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• clembone
    clembone
    Community Member
    Options

I created an account via my Safari browser in order to use the family trial. I logged in and added, what I think is, a login to my bank account. I go to another tab and go to my bank sign in page. I type in the login. Nothing happens after that.

What should I be doing?

• clembone
    clembone
    Community Member
    Options

I right-click on the bank account login. A new window opens and I get:

Safari can’t open the specified address
    Safari can’t open “onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari” because OS X doesn’t recognize internet addresses starting with “onepassword4-extension:”.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clembone,

Thanks so much for trying out 1Password Families! It sounds to me like so far you’re using 1Password via the web interface in Safari. Unfortunately it is not possible to fill using the web interface at this time.

What you’ll want to do is install the 1Password app and the browser extensions.

Does our Setup Guide help?

• clembone
    clembone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Yeah, I figured that out this morning. I downloaded the application to my computer and am now up and running.

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @clembone! Glad to hear you were able to get up and running.

Ben

• clembone
    clembone
    Community Member
    Options

I do have another question... When I log into an account, the application asks if I want 1Password to store the login info. I say yes. Realizing the current PW is weak, I change the password to a stronger one. When done, I still have the old login info in 1Password. Does it get updated, or do I have to move it to the trash and add the account to 1Password again?

Again, Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@clembone,

I wonder if you are saving a new item instead of updating the existing one. Try following the steps here and let me know if that produces better results:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

This discussion has been closed.