Autosubmit not working for Mint

Options
jareha
jareha
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Auto-fill isn’t working for me on https://wwws.mint.com/login.event, even after using the “Save new Login” feature.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Could you elaborate about what is happening for you? Mint's sign in page is about the simplest for 1Password to fill. I tested it out and filling worked fine for me, so I'm not sure what could be going on in your situation. I tested with a new Login saved from the browser, an older Login saved in the browser, and also a Login created in the main app, and all three filled properly for me. Is filling working on other sites for you?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is working for other sites. Unfortunately, I’ve tried all three methods you mentioned to no avail.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jareha: I use Mint myself and haven't encountered login issues there for a while now, so I wonder what might be different in your case. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the browser version you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. Also, just in case there's some confusion, 1Password doesn't "autofill" anything when you go to a site. You'll need to select the login from the 1Password extension menu with the mouse or use the keyboard shortcut (⌘ \) to tell 1Password to fill it. On the other hand, often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. Thanks in advance! :)

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I’m using Firefox 44.0 and the fields are neither filled (as expected) nor is the login form submitted (as expected).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Access https://wwws.mint.com/login.event.
    2. Use keyboard shortcut ⌘ + \.

Understood on “auto-fill”. I believe the term I should’ve used was “auto-submit”.

Manually saving the login has not resolved my issue. Safari 9.1, which is not my default browser, works using the steps above.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for those new details, @jareha.

I've attempted, and failed, to reproduce what you've reporting when testing with these software versions (and a few other combinations):

1Password app: 6.3.2
    1Password extension: 4.5.8
    Firefox: 48.0
    OS X: 10.11.6

One thing I did discover right away is that the https://wwws.mint.com/login.event page wouldn't fully load and display the sign in form because it was being blocked by the Ghostery extension (so I temporarily disabled it). That doesn't happen with Safari and Ghostery.

That makes me wonder if you any Firefox extensions enabled that might be interfering with the 1Password extension, more severely than Ghostery does. Can you temporarily disable other Firefox extensions, if any, and see if that makes a difference?

And unless there's a reason to stick with Firefox 44.0 we recommend updating to the latest version (48.0 right now, for the stable release).

If that doesn't help we'll keep digging until figuring out and fixing whatever's causing this trouble you're having with 1Password on the Mint site. Looking forward to hearing from you again and hopefully you'll have gotten it working. :)

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    Options

Turns out my work-provided machine had automatic updates to Firefox disabled (why?!). So, after manually updating to Firefox 48.0, my issue was immediately resolved!

Note: I did have Ghostery installed while running Firefox 44.0, but even with the extension paused, no luck there on Mint. After finding that 1Password worked as expected with Firefox 48.0, I unpaused Ghostery and the page still auto-submitted. Yes!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hurray, @jareha!

Happy to hear it only took a Firefox update and pausing Ghostery for the 1Password extension to cooperate with mint.com. Thanks for letting us know that's what did the trick. :+1:

With that progress, configuring Ghostery to trust just Mixpanel on the mint.com site ought to be enough to continue restricting as much else as possible:

Works for me like that. Cheers! :)

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Mint worked as expected even with Ghostery resumed. It does appear I already had Mixpanel marked as trusted, though.

Thanks @jxpx777, @brenty and @sjk.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thank you for digging into this odd issue with us! It may very well help others in the future. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.