Sync existing passwords with 1P on new MBP

Options
BarryH
BarryH
Community Member

I have 1P on my iPhone (was 1P 3, until I started my Families trial) in Primary vault. I'm having trouble getting my Primary vault to sync onto 1P on my new MacBookPro install of 1P, where I have only the options of Personal and Shared vaults.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.1 (631006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @BarryH,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and for your interest in our new offering.

Unfortunately there is no direct conversion from 1Password Families to an individual subscription as the two are too dissimilar (e.g. the family account has its own subdomain, while the individual account uses my.1password.com) but you can sign up for an individual account, move your items over using the Mac application, and then delete your 1Password Families account.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• BarryH
    BarryH
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to do just the opposite. I want my current 1P passwords (all 1400 of them) to appear on my MBP with the Family account. How do I do that?

• Ben
    Options

Oops, sorry about that Barry. I misread. You can read about migrating your data from your current "local" vault to a 1Password Families vault here:

How to migrate to a family or team

Thanks!

Ben

• BarryH
    BarryH
    Community Member
    Options

I missed this part:

During setup, you’ll be asked to create a Master Password. Use your existing Master Password. Once you’re done creating your account, you’ll see your Home screen.

I created a new master password. What do I do in this case?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BarryH,

You can follow the instructions in our support guide to change your Master Password and ensure that it matches the Master Password you use on your 1Password account. That should get you all set up!

• BarryH
    BarryH
    Community Member
    Options

After I changed my master password, I had expected my 1400 existing passwords to just show up in my MBP instance of 1P. They haven't. What else do I need to do?

• BarryH
    BarryH
    Community Member
    Options

On my iPhone, the large number of passwords is located in me Primary vault. However, on my MBP, I can see only Personal and Shared vaults. Does this help?

• BarryH
    BarryH
    Community Member
    Options

I don't seem to have a choice for syncing in my pref pane on my MBP.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BarryH,

I apologize for the confusion here! Let’s take a step back here and make sure that we’re all on the same page.

• Currently, all of your 1Password data is on your iPhone, in your primary vault.
    1. What is the version number of 1Password on your iOS device? (You can find the version information for the app in the Settings screen, below the ‘Recommend 1Password’ option.)
    2. Are you logged in to your Family account on your iOS device?
    • Your MacBook is currently signed in to your Family account, but you have no 1Password data stored there.

Is this correct?

This discussion has been closed.